ICA2017 strives to stimulate active participation of our many enthusiastic and passionate young water professionals (YWPs) by including them in the conference organization as well as setting-up dedicated activities and mentoring:
- A joint scientific committee provides guidance for YWPs throughout the abstract review process and a voice for YWPs during the conference program selection.
- Mentoring will continue throughout the conference with YWPs co-chairing sessions and evaluating posters under the guidance of Experienced Water Professionals (EWPs).
- Thematic question boots (centered around career development, professional networks…) provide opportunities for YWPs to discuss on important career themes during the conference’s coffee breaks.
- As strong networks and successful long-term collaborations often find their roots early on in one’s career, interaction and discussion of YWPs among their peers is encouraged during a full-day dedicated workshop as well as a specific networking event.
Finally, don’t miss out on the ICA2017 blooper challenge. Nobody is perfect and the most ridiculous and embarrassing mistakes often lead to some of the most valuable lessons. Therefore, we invite all participants to share their ICA related blooper stories and take a shot at the ICA2017 blooper award!
YWP Steering Committee:
- Elena Torfs (Université laval) - chair
- Kelly Martin (Black and Veatch) - co-chair
- Edo Abraham (TU Delft)
- Nataliia Sivchenko (Norwegian University of Life Science)
- Ganesh Srinivasan (VA Tech Wabag)
If you have any questions or would like to get involved, please contact .